Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Hermann TT

The last two Tuesdays the rain we normally get on this day of the week seems to have lost it's choke hold on our Tuesday Night TT.

Last week Jose and I headed out to HWY K which is a new route for out Tuesday Night TT. HWY 94 gets busy, traffic there is not bike friendly around 5/6 pm. HWY K on the other hand is so much nicer, smooth road, friendly motorists who pull way over to the side and even lift and hand to say hi.

Jose clocked in a time of 24:13 last week while I clocked in a time of 25:23. I was at the end of my sickness and not up to a full out effort, my time sure reflected that.

Yesterday was a different story. My goal was to get as close to the 24:13 time as I could. Jose was not able to ride so it was just me.

I ended up having a very good ride, steady the entire 10 miles, felt powerful on the inclines and stayed within my self not over cooking it. Crossed the line in 24:29 just 16 seconds back from my target time and nearly a min fast then last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment