Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Things Change....

The Lazar focus I once had surrounding bike racing has come to an end. No long or complicated story behind why; it comes down to a mix of desire and priorities have shifted to other things.

Tour of Hermann Gravel Race and Dogfish CX in Hermann are still a go, no changes there. What will change is how much and the type of racing I do.  I'm working to simplify my cycling hobby by getting rid of the majority of my equipment (down to one bike) and no longer tracking stats or watts or blogging about races; just riding to stay fit with a race here and there. 


See you at the next race, event, or ride :)

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your new phase of cycling. If anything changes you can always come back again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed CX at first but over things have taken over. New goals keeps life interesting. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can remember meeting you at my Devil's Revenge Off-Road many years ago. You had a ton of motivation and desire. Several years later you grew to one of the best promoters in our area and helped St. Louis cycling grow. Add to that you your cycling talents really impressed me.

    I decided to focus on my family and had to back away from cycling. Still doing it some, but not with the "Lazar focus". Currently I am really enjoying spending time with my son and I am loving every minute of it.

    Good luck and keep life fun. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeff, I'm sure you'll be successful with whatever you decide to pursue. Everything you create is top notch and I have a lot of respect for you.

    Hermann Under the Lights was my first CX race and I still have nightmares involving large, concrete staircases. The TOH Gravel ride is already on everyone's mind here in JC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeff hope you enjoy the that next phase however next year I am going to drag you back in.

    ReplyDelete