Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Keeping it simple

With the tour of Hermann over and done, things have slowed down and back to a normal pace. The tour took me off the bike for a week, would have been too much to try and train and get ready for the race at the same time. Recipe for disaster there. Learned my lesson last year.

Once back on the bike it took a few days for the cobwebs to clear but by Thursday of last week I was feeling back to normal. Jose and I headed over to STL for the Tour of St. Louis on Sunday. First time I've done this race, nice park and good times were had. I felt alot better than I thought I was going to. Pushed out several hard efforts and finished with the pack.

This week I've had some good training days, the aerobic base my coach has had me working is coming along well I think. I'll be adding a new tool to the training in a few weeks with a powertap. Have had this in mind for a better part of a year and finally pulled the trigger Tuesday.

Sunday is a Midwest Fat Tire points race. Right now I sit in 4th place, just one point behind 3rd and about 10 points out of 1st. I'm super pumped for this weekends racing, can't wait to get out there and see what can be accomplished!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:55 AM

    I dont think many of the guys at the top of sport care about the points. I will likely be pulling out of Sport and moving up to Expert in a race or two.

    Go get it. It's all yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post Anonymous....I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, I think it might be the guys at the bottom of each class that don't care much about the points. I can remember caring too much while leading in some points events - I was always glad when I "had to miss" one of the races and would be out of the running.
    John
    Good luck with he races and the new power tape - great training device.

    ReplyDelete