Sunday, February 11, 2007

Hermann Ride in the Books

Dennis and Anthony showed up for the Hermann ride today. Looks like the early AM cold temps kept others away. With the sunshine the day turned out to be very nice, no issues with being cold.

Anthony sported the new DogFish white framed bike, nice!




Lots of early hills.





Me before my legs gave out.



Yep, that's right, the legs would go no longer after 50 miles. I knew I had 12 miles of hell in front of me via the 7 hills of Hermann and I knew if I tried to make it I might be walking some of them. So, I called in the Calvary and hitched a ride home.

I got 50 miles of leg breaking hills in, total of 3289 feet of climbing. I feel good about that, just wish the legs would have held up. Other than that the body felt great.

Good ride today fellas , hope to see you back out here sometime.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:52 AM

    Jeff,

    It was a great ride, enjoyed it lots. Look forward to doing it again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:16 PM

    Too bad more didn't make the ride. The weather was rather nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully we can do this ride again, but with more people. The hills were definitely tough for me and the last one was the worst by far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last one is a killer...

    glad you guys liked the route

    see you at froze toes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:10 PM

    I'm not going to froze toes - I'll be at the roller race in Cedar Falls. I'd rather be at froze toes, but what can you do?
    John

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think it's getting ready to warm up around here. finally.

    peace out, yo!

    ReplyDelete